The best car vacuum cleaner is the BLACK+DECKER Flexi, which is powered by a lithium-ion battery that provides up to 12.5 minutes of run time. If you have a larger budget, the Dyson V11 Torque Drive is the ultimate car vacuum cleaner.
Table of Contents
- The Best Car Vacuum Cleaner
- 1. BLACK+DECKER Flexi Car Vacuum
- 2. Gtech Multi MK2 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. Dyson V11 Torque Drive Vacuum Cleaner
- 4. BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum
- 5. Shark Cordless Car Vacuum Cleaner
- 6. Hoover Freedom 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vacuum
- 7. MATCC 12V Car Vacuum Cleaner
- 8. Henry Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Car Vacuum Cleaner Comparison
|Car Vacuum Cleaner||Type||Run Time|
|BLACK + DECKER Flexi||Cordless||12.5 Minutes|
|Gtech Multi MK2||Cordless||20 Minutes|
|Dyson V11 Torque Drive||Cordless||60 Minutes|
|BLACK + DECKER Dustbuster||Handheld||16 Minutes|
|Shark WV200UK||Handheld||8/16 Minutes|
|Hoover Freedom 2-in-1||Cordless||25 Minutes|
|MATCC 12V||12V Handheld||N/A|
|Henry Bagged Cylinder||Corded||N/A|
Although you may already own a standard vacuum cleaner, many are not easy to use for car valeting. The best options are highly portable and includes multiple accessories for reaching all the awkward to reach areas.
Below is a list of the best car vacuum cleaners that are available as handheld, cordless, 12V and corded vacuums.
The Best Car Vacuum Cleaner
1. BLACK+DECKER Flexi Car Vacuum
The Flexi Vacuum by BLACK+DECKER is one of the most popular vacuum cleaners that’s ideal for cars. The brand offer many power options but the 14.4V lithium-ion model is the best as it combines performance with value for money.
According to the brand, the battery will provide up to 12.5 minutes of high performance fade-free power. It can also be fully recharged in just 4 hours and includes a clever automatic switch off once its reached full battery charge.
Other features of the BLACK+DECKER Flexi include:
- Compact design (1.42 KG)
- Lithium-ion battery powered
- Integrated 1.5 metre flexible hose
- Eco Smart charge technology (charges in 4 hours)
- Supplied with a long and short crevice tool and soft brush
- Noise output of 75 dB
- Air flow of 1,060 l/min
- Available as a 10.8, 14.4 and 18V vacuum
- Easy to empty side door
The BLACK+DECKER Flexi is the best car vacuum cleaner for the money that’s convenient and powerful. The lightweight design allows you to reach all the awkward areas with ease and the battery provides fade-free power for up to 12 minutes. which won’t disappoint.
Check it Out
2. Gtech Multi MK2 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
The Gtech is another handheld car vacuum cleaner that is powered by a lithium-ion battery. It’s a more expensive alternative to the BLACK+DECKER Flexi but provides additional performance and a run time of 20 minutes.
It’s the brand new and improved mode, which compared to the MK1 is powered by far better 22V lithium-ion battery.
Other features of the Gtech Multi MK2 include:
- Impressive 20 minute run time
- Recharges in 4 hours
- Powerful 22V lithium-ion battery
- Lightweight design at just 1.5 KG
- LED lighting for improved visibility
- Supplied with a full set of attachments
The Gtech Multi MK2 is an excellent all-round car vacuum cleaner that ticks all the boxes. The additional run time is a standout feature and can be a major requirement for those with large cars or those that require extra cleaning.
Check it Out
3. Dyson V11 Torque Drive Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson are the market leaders of vacuums and use advanced technology for improved suction and usability. The V11 is their latest model that’s able to capture up to 99.97% of microscopic dust particles.
According to the brand, the V11 provides up to 40% more suction power when compared to the older V8 model.
Other features of the Dyson V11 Torque Drive include:
- Run time of up to 60 minutes
- Recharges in 4.5 hours
- Advanced whole machine filtration
- nickel-cobalt-aluminum battery for fade-free power
- Weighs 2.97 KG
- Includes 5 different attachments
- Supplied with a wall-mounted dock
- LCD screen for real-time feedback
Although the Dyson V11 is the most expensive option, it’s the best vacuum cleaner that is just as good inside of your car as it is in your home. It’s a more cost effective solution than buying two separate vacuums and it won’t disappoint.
It’s worth noting that the previous models offer similar performance but at a far more affordable price. If you are on a budget but want to own a Dyson, we strongly recommend looking at the cordless V7 model.
Check it Out
4. BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum
Another popular car vacuum cleaner by BLACK+DECKER is the Dustbuster, which is a handheld model that provides plenty of suction power. The lithium-ion battery that it uses isn’t as high performing but still provides up to 16 minutes of run time and can be fully recharged in under 6 hours.
An intuitive feature of this car vacuum cleaner are the smart filter sensors. They are designed to indicate when they need cleaning, which helps to maintain optimum cleaning performance.
Other features of the BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster include:
- Lithium-ion battery that provides a run time of 16 minutes
- Smart filter condition detectors
- Removable and washable dirt bowl
- Extendable slim nozzle and flip-up brush
- Supplied with attachments and a docking station
- Boost mode for thorough debris pick-up
- Noise output of 80 dB
- Weighs 1.1 KG
The BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster is a high quality handheld car vacuum cleaner that’s easy to use and provides great performance. The only real drawback is the long charge time for only 16 minutes of run time. However, the brand state that this is to prolong the life of the battery, which isn’t a bad thing.
Check it Out
5. Shark Cordless Car Vacuum Cleaner
The Shark handheld car vacuum cleaner is a premium option that’s available as a single or twin battery model. The cheaper single battery provides up to 8 minutes of run time whereas the twin battery powered vacuum provides 16 minutes of run time for extended use.
For those that have their vacuums on display in their home, the design of the Shark vacuum is very aesthetically pleasing. It also comes with a sleek charging storage base, which means you don’t have to hide it away at home.
Other features of the Shark Handheld Vacuum include:
- Run time of 8 to 16 minutes depending upon model
- Backed by a two year guarantee (once registered)
- Aesthetically pleasing with sleek charging base
- Supplied with crevice and pet tool
- One-touch empty dust cap
Shark are a highly reputable brand that produce a variety of vacuums but this handheld option is the best for car valeting. It does come with a premium price but the sleek design and great performance make it a worthwhile investment.
Check it Out
6. Hoover Freedom 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vacuum
Hoover are a highly reputable vacuum brand in the UK and produce a variety of models. The 2-in-1 cordless stick model is the brands best car vacuum for valeting due to its lightweight and multi-functional design.
Depending upon your budget, the brand offer two versions, which include the standard and lite models. The standard provides superior performance whereas the Lite model is an affordable alternative with slightly less power.
Other features of the Hoover Freedom 2-in-1 include:
- 22V lithium-ion battery
- Run time of up to 25 minutes
- Fully recharged in 6 hours
- Easy to empty 0.7 litre bin capacity
- Total weight of 2.3 KG
- Supplied with multiple accessories and a wall mount
Overall, the Hoover Freedom is the budget alternative to the Dyson vacuums and provides excellent performance for vacuuming cars or around the house.
Check it Out
7. MATCC 12V Car Vacuum Cleaner
Unlike the alternatives within this article, the MATCC car vacuum cleaner is powered by a 12V supply. It’s also designed specifically for car interior cleaning and comes with 5 different attachments for cleaning all surfaces.
As this is powered by the 12V port in your car, you will want to avoid using it for long periods without starting the car. The last thing you want is for the battery becoming drained and unable to start the car.
Other features of the MATCC 12V Car Vacuum include:
- 5,500PA suction
- Noise output of 82 dB
- 16.4 ft power cord
- Stainless steel HEPA filter
- Suitable for wet or dry use
- Includes 5 multi-purpose attachments
- Backed by a 12 month warranty
Although there are cheaper 12V alternatives, the MATCC vacuum is by far the best option. Not only does it use a more powerful motor but it’s also backed by a one year warranty for peace of mind.
Check it Out
8. Henry Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Although not as portable as the cordless car vacuum cleaner alternatives, the Henry Vacuum is designed for heavy duty use. It’s ideal for cars that become covered in tough dirt such as thick dust from construction sites and so on.
Compared to similar vacuum cleaners within its class, the Henry is far easier to transport with four wheels at the base.
Other features of the Henry Vacuum include:
- Large 6 litre capacity
- Reliable and powerful suction
- Long 10 metre cable that reaches all round most cars
- 2.2 metre long that easily stretches
- Supplied with multiple attachments
For tackling tough dirt, the Henry Vacuum is by far the best car vacuum cleaner on the market. Due to the large bagged capacity, you can simply suck up all types of dirt without the worry of causing internal damage.
Check it Out
Although there are hundreds of car vacuum cleaners on the market, only a few provide adequate suction power. The interior of your car can become covered in dirt fairly quickly and having an easy to use car vacuum is a great investment that you won’t regret.
All of our recommendations within this article are suited to a range of budgets and include cordless, handheld, 12V and corded vacuums. To avoid disappoint, we advise that you purchase from a reputable brand for peace of mind.